The Answer To My Ponderings


Before Christmas, a man whom I had only met personally once before, showed up at my door step and gave me a gift to give to my daughters containing a number of valuable coins, arrow heads, a brass mortar and pestle along with some exquisite shell bracelets. I wrote about all that HERE along with some pondering about the why of the matter. 

I have an answer.

Bob entered hospice a week ago for congestive heart failure and passed away yesterday morning. Among other things that Bob did around town and won civic awards for, was taking care of the grounds of hospice and helping as a civilian to make the final days of the patients lives as best as possible. So I find it fitting that the other people of hospice were able to return the favor. 

Predictably enough, on his death bed, he still told my wife to stop by his house and have his wife show us all of his collection of antiques. Perhaps after the funeral, we shall at last honor Bob's wishes.

A word of note on the picture above. It is of course A.I. generated and was told by me to create a picture of "a dying man giving away his most treasured possessions before his death, to a family who will treasure them forever, in the style of Dali. From the looks of the "family" on the right, I should have specified human family. 

Comments

  1. Well, that explains it! Yes, the painting is very surreal. The old guy seems to have similar tentacles but his are much longer. Maybe it's an age thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I develop tentacles at an old age, I hope someone just euthanizes me.

      Delete
  2. That is a heartwarming story. And yes, how cool that the hospice he served had an opportunity to serve him. RIP, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was one of those people we all want and need as friends.

      Delete
  3. I remember that post (sort of). The AI pic is quite something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could ponder that AI photo for quite awhile....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that the AI has improved with their hands, specifically number of fingers over time but now the tentacles, at least when I append "in the style of Dali" to my query.

      Delete
  5. That picture is so interesting! Yikes. That's a sweet story about Bob; he sounds like a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had known him better... and for longer.

      Delete
  6. That does make sense, Ed. Requiscat in Pace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder what his wife is like. You will soon find out when your wife visits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met her for the first time at Bob's funeral. She is a very nice woman and well aware of the sacrifices her husband made to the betterment of others around him.

      Delete
  8. Both Bob and his wife sound like truly beautiful, giving and loving people. I'm glad you were able to give him some happiness too in accepting his gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment