Back On Top
After a couple days of letting my leg heal, I was itching to get back to work on the greenhouse project. Although it has been pretty warm for such work, I'm just worries it will be plenty cold for such work before I know it. I really want to get everything dried in at least before winter comes. So I started in slowly and made a conscious effort to keep the bum leg in a brace and as immobile as possible. I finally started developing a rhythm and made pretty good process before the sun was just blazing away in my face. So I worked in the garage awhile precutting more roof rafters so that I can start the next day without running the loud saw and possibly disturbing any neighbors with their windows left open. I'm one shy of half way done with the main part of the roof structure.
The flat greenhouse panels I'm using require support every two feet and are generally installed on purlins which are boards that get stalled perpendicular to the roof rafters running the length of the building every two feet. Doing this would be easy but requires a lot of sealing work to be done around the perimeter to make it air tight. Rather than go this route, I'm just blocking between the rafters every two feet as I go so the panel will sit flat on everything and the only place to air seal will be up under the eaves which I think will be easier in the long run. I'm still not quite sure how I am going to install the greenhouse panels and get the required fasteners where they need to go but I'm confident I can work something out by then.