Next Please

 


I'm not sure I'll complete this project right away but I'm at least getting it started. It might not be obvious but those boxes on top of the table are the same size as the cavity below the table. Another same sized cavity is on the other side of my assembly table. Currently, my woodworking tools are scattered about in three cabinets and two wall units, which require a fair amount of time spent walking back and forth to accomplish any task. My goal is to build drawers underneath my assembly table to hold all those things, perhaps joinery on one side and assembly on the other. Not only will this be incredibly convenient, but it should make room for the pile of odds and ends I have laying in a corner because there isn't room for it anywhere else. 

My hope is to build the carcass of the units and then utilize my car's scissor jack again to get the unit held up in place until I can get it fastened. My previous plan was to just turn everything upside down, install the units and attempt to right side everything but using the scissor jack on the cabinet project for the cabin opened my eyes to the possibilities of saving my back doing all that. Work smarter and not harder.

Comments

  1. Work work work. 🤪
    Hah! I know it is also fun for you. ✔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy this time of year when it is pleasant to work out in the garage.

      Delete
  2. Saving one's back is a high priority these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something I think a lot more about than when I was younger.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm. So three drawers? They must be pretty big. And are the bottoms missing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, those are the carcasses that will hold the drawers, 18 in all. They still need partitions to hold all the drawer rails. It should become clearer in a future post.

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a great project! (Anything to help keep organized is a great project. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it always seems like a never ending project to neaten things up.

      Delete
  5. Nifty! I will be excited to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I will have more floor space in my garage.

      Delete

Post a Comment