Cabinet Progress

 

Above is the face frame that will cover up the raw plywood edges of the cabinets and provide mounting points for the doors. I have four coats of wipe on polyurethane on at this point and it was looking quite nice I though for rustic furniture.

I just thought I would add this photo for your amusement. I went out to grill up some supper on the back deck and found a toad inhabiting the space between the work surface and the grill brush. Not wanting to grill the toad, I flipped him off to the deck and he landed in a spot where snow had piled up last winter and caused some fungi to grow. The toad was jet black, the color of the work surface when I flipped him off and a few minutes later when I looked, I could barely see him due to his color matching skills. What I would give to be able to have that as a skill. 

Where'd Ed go?

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Imagine all the money the military spends on stealth technology and this thing has them all beat.

      Delete
  2. I didn't even see that toad when I first glanced at the photo. That IS pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He certainly blends in! My preferred superpower would be teleportation. (not in time, just in place)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought of destroying the original me and rebuilding it someplace else gives me the heeby jeebies.

      Delete
  4. Was the Invisible Man one of your idols?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess my answer would be no. I never heard of the invisible man until the movie starring Kevin Bacon and it didn't have a good outcome for him.

      Delete
  5. At first I couldn't see him at all! Very clever indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to have a wide color palette they can mimic with their skin.

      Delete
  6. Amazing toad! Can't help but wonder how they manage to blend in like that.

    I love the rustic look, and think this cabinet is going to be super. Coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I've read/watched descriptions of how they can do it but it isn't something I can retain for very long, probably because it is quite complex.

      Delete
  7. I did not realize that toads could change color. Color me amazed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen them a handful of times over the years but I don't know what kind of toad they are. Their abilities always amaze me.

      Delete

Post a Comment