Another Bedroom Ticked Off

 

I went from the hardest of the three bedroom to the easiest of the three bedrooms, not because I was trying to be efficient or create motivation but because it was the one vacated by my eldest daughter after her move downstairs. It just needed a paint job. The carpet, original to our occupation of this house, isn't the best but is in decent shape and will hopefully last another handful of years until the younger daughter is off on her own. 

I took the matching custom book shelf off the wall to paint the wall behind and decided to give it a fresh coat of white paint while it was easy to do. Otherwise, the only real big project was to move the recently built canopy bed into this room. Due to the extra window, it required a little bit of shimming to get it to fit and still overlaps each window by a tad but I know this is just a phase and so I made it work.

I didn't take a before picture since it is mostly just a change in color but I made sure to take an after photo before the youngest moved in. She is currently in that process and judging from the amount of stuff in her old room, it might take the rest of the week and weekend. But I'm okay with the break.

Next up will be the last bedroom, for now, which will be the middle as far as degree of difficulty. The carpet has been destroyed by too much glitter, drips from slime making projects and other things. It really has seen its last days. So we plan to have it replaced but I will hire that part out. Carpet stretching and making it fit around objects like closet doorways is not my thing. But I hope to get it painted while we wait for that to happen. 


Comments

  1. You must be a very ornery sort of bloke if you actually tick off your bedrooms. I am just good at ticking off people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for both girls. Fixing up a new room (or even just rearranging an old one) can be so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen either of them much since they moved into their respective bedrooms. They are busy creating the finishing details.

      Delete
  3. You now need a man cave. And a male dog to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My office is as close to a man cave as I'll get, at least in this house.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful that they have their new rooms and are busy customizing them! I bet they're excited. Good for you for making it happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are over the moon. I hope MIL is as excited about her room when she gets back.

      Delete
  5. Moving right along! Even a fresh coat of paint can make a room feel clean and bright. And nothing like a move to get things sorted and organized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, poo. AC beat me. Better to tick off a bedroom than your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glitter and gluey stuff need solid floors instead of carpet! You're doing good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am scared that even that would get down in the cracks between boards and be impossible to clean. They are only allowed to do those sorts of things on the dining room table, which while it has seen its better days, is much easier to clean.

      Delete
  8. Looks great Ed - and completely 100% agree with you on carpet installation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those installers make that job look easy but I know better than that!

      Delete
  9. Nicely done, Ed. Congrats on knocking another item off your list. We just painted the kids bedrooms and I forgot how much fun that can be. Mostly the prep and clean up sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes prep is 100% of the suck with painting.

      Delete
  10. You are the best dad ever! Your daughters are so lucky. Good job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been busy...it all looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment