Scenes From Braveheart

 

Recently as I stood about a quarter mile from the starting line of my daughter's cross country race, I couldn't help but feel like I was on a battlefield straight out of the movie Braveheart. Using the full extent of my telephoto lens, all I could see was an unending string of warriors standing just over the crest of a distant hill. 

Then there is a puff of smoke followed by the crack of a starting pistol a couple seconds later and the charge is underway. Fortunately for me, the only thing I was shooting was a camera so the army of women passed me buy and continued to chase the poor fellow in the green motorized cart.


Comments

  1. They are brave with a lot of heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Thanks for sharing the vision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many of them! Hope she did well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She isn’t going to ever be scholarship material but she seems to enjoy the experience.

      Delete
  4. That's a large pack of runners! Was it some kind of regional meet? My oldest granddaughter ran track in high school. Running was always painful for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just an area meet. Districts are next week.

      Delete
  5. I used to detest cross country running. What position did your daughter achieve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is usually on the tail end of the middle of the pack.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh! I remember those days when our kids were young. Yay for your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment