This and That and Adieu

 Life has been pretty busy for me so I haven't spent a lot of time online in the past couple weeks. I have mostly been working on finishing up a big landscaping project that my wife started despite my protests and the weather hasn't been cooperating. I will do a post on it at some point but it will require some time looking through old pictures to illustrate it and I haven't had time to do even that.

My brother came up again and we were preparing to spend our week on the farm doing our annual terrace and sprout patrol. For those new to the blog, it means we drive through all the fields fixing broken and displaced tile risers that help drain water away in a controlled fashion instead of eroding precious top soil. Along the way, we look for trees, especially those with thorns, that are growing up in undesirable places where they are likely to cause future flat tires or other damage. However, a family emergency called my brother immediately back home and so I've been out on my own doing the same job, but slower and with nobody to talk too. However, the weather was nice at that point so it was good being out and about despite being alone.

I also took some time to close out our garden for the year by removing all the wire cages and mowing what vegetation was left. I then tilled up everything and will call it a year though I hope to spend a morning servicing the tiller yet before it gets too cold for such things. I'm glad that the weekly trips down to the farm won't be necessary for awhile and we can just go for family reasons.

The family emergency that called my brother back home didn't end well and now I'm going to be heading to the deep south for a few days to attend a funeral. So I won't be around here to moderate comments or create new posts for awhile. Never fear if you do leave a comment, I'll see that it gets published upon my return. Hopefully, as my backlog of posts is thoroughly exhausted at this point, I will have some new stories to write about upon my return as well. 

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to read of the family emergency Ed, I hope your trip goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the bad outcome and hope that your family time is precious and meaningful. I will miss you and look forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the explanation Ed. I hope you have a safe trip to the Deep South and that the funeral is a fitting goodbye for the deceased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look after the death first and then take time for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be here when you get back. I'm sorry for your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so industrious. You must have been gifted with a stamina that many of us do not possess. Sorry about the unfortunate passing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My condolences to you and your family. Safe travels and look forward to catching up when you return. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for your family situation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ed - Sorry to hearing about the family emergency and condolences. Travel safely, and we look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, Ed. I'm sorry about your family difficulties. I'm amazed at all you have to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment