Revitalized With New Wheels

 


The new solid rubber wheels I ordered for the hose cart came in sooner than expected. I was concerned about the hub length, which none of the venders provided dimensions for but it was exactly the same hub length as the old wheels. My leap of faith paid off and within 10 minutes, I had the old wheels swapped for the new ones. The new ones also came with extra bearings for a larger axle but since the installed bearings fit my axle, they are unneeded. They will go into my parts bin where I will most likely forget about them until someone spots them before my estate sale starts up. If I'm lucky, the right project will come my way and I'll have a handful of bearings to repurpose. 

Since as I write this, right before leaving for our vacation, when it was still very cold outside, I didn't get the hoses sorted out and some of them removed. There is plenty of time for that when spring is here in force. Best of all, I won't have to air up the tires on the hose cart when the time comes!

                               *********************

Just a bit of house keeping. We got back from our vacation yesterday sometime, or at least we would have if everything went right. I'm sure with the associated jet lag and the girls wanting their electronic time before going to school tomorrow, my time will be limited on the computer and so I'm using this post to bridge the gap until I get some computer time and can write up a few posts on our trip. Those should hit this blog on Wednesday morning.

Comments

  1. The cart looks great! And looking forward to your vacation posts. I always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't started writing any but I hope to maybe tomorrow. Today is just going to be paying bills, catching up on my blog reading and a few other tasks.

      Delete
  2. Now you're ready to rock and roll -- well, at least roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my whole yard is sloped for the most part, except for the flat space I converted into a garden, I really do need to think about brakes for this hose reel.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad getting the new wheel went off (or ON) without a hitch. Looking forward to hearing about the trip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wrote up two posts and will write up more in this coming week. Stay tuned.

      Delete
  4. I look forward to hearing about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the trip as well, Ed. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to shake the jet lag. It hasn't gotten any easier since the last trip!

      Delete
  6. That is one great looking cart! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to sleep in one's own bed again.

      Delete
  7. Nice fix! You could open a fix it shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when a plan goes right. Can't wait to hear about the vacation. I'm patient. I'll wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving the posts you've written. I can see this will be a wonderful memory for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment