Finished


 As you can see from this picture taken as a slightly different angle, I finished making the doors for the upper cabinets and got them installed last week. You can also see the two doors that I made also installed. With this milestone, it completes my promised obligations for the cabin build and I am going to move onto other things, what, I don't right know yet, at least when it comes to making things out of wood.

My immediate project is to finish up preserving our fruit harvest. I'm about halfway done with the bushel of pears that I picked and I just picked a bushel of apples on my way back to town from the old tree in our fenced off farm garden area. It has always produces a lot of apples, but these were the largest, defect free apples I have ever seen outside of a grocery store shelf and we didn't do one thing to make them that way so they are completely organic. If will take me a few days to get all the fruit preserved and canned for future use so I have time to think up what will be the next project.

Comments

  1. The cabin will be a nice retreat or home for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Untreated apples can definitely be buggy and wormy so you got lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These last few years, I've kept the grass short underneath the tree and I think that has reduced the bug problem dramatically.

      Delete
  3. Job well done, Ed! It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great you are a talented carpenter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out very, very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo! And yay for the organic apples too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All our vegetables are organic for the most part.

      Delete
  7. Nice work on the cabinets. Are you using OSB on the walls/ceilings in the cabin? Jeff https;//fromarockyhillside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for now at least. It was priced right and expedient to install and proceed onto other things. Perhaps sometime in the future it could be painted.

      Delete
  8. I know the cabin owner must be terribly pleased. They turned out wonderfully well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment