Cabin Building


 Awhile back, I mentioned that I might be helping someone building a small cabin and that call to help came back when I was absent from blogging for a week and a half. There were three of us and work started shortly after dawn when it was still cool and progressed sometimes for 12 hours days as we tried to get it erected in a timely manner. I think the picture above was taken on Day Two so you can see how fast we were going. Below is how it looked after Day Five.

As I write this, we are pausing for the Sabbath and will return tomorrow, now just two of us to work on a myriad of detail work to get it weather proof for the time being while electricians and plumbers do their thing. I'm guessing later this year I will be helping out with some of the interior work as well which should be a big more pleasant with a roof over our heads instead of the blazing sun. 



Comments

  1. Nice work! I would assume the electrical and plumbing would be pretty basic. Will it have a mini-split for heating/cooling? Will someone live here or just use it as a temporary residence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be fairly rustic in finishes. The owner is planning on putting in a heating/cooling system like what you would find in your standard motel room and it will be a home away from home for the owner.

      Delete
  2. Looks like excellent work, Ed. Congrats on a job well done and being a swell guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a pretty neat project and not something I get to do everyday.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I can just see it as a time lapse video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a time lapse video would have been neat to see and probably more gratifying to watch than to participate!

      Delete
  4. You work quickly! So what will the purpose be for this cabin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will just be a place for the owner to hole up on visits to their land instead of renting rooms a long ways away since it is very rural out there.

      Delete
  5. That is an immense amount of work in a short time frame. No wonder you've been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely used some muscles I hadn't been using!

      Delete
  6. Having a team for a building project must be wonderful. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment