A Fix For Commenting?

 I think I may have a fix to the commenting problem of late. I changed my template entirely but that didn't fix anything. I think I'm going to leave the new template as is though unless others like the old one a lot better. 

Despite the new template, the comment still wouldn't let me make a comment on any blog with an embedded comment section. If I turn that feature off, it appears to fix things. So I'm going to leave the embedded comment section off and go back to my previous way of replying to everyone in one long comment for now until things get fixed and then perhaps return to the embedded comment. I like the latter because it seems more personalized and easier for someone returning to find an answer to their comment.

Comments

  1. I didn't have any issues, but now there is a comment box. Before there was just a line which was a little confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embedded comments was the issue. I’m glad I have a temporary fix for now until a real fix is found.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these Blogger problems are going to compound with no real resolution. Google (who owns us) seems to have washed their hands of us for the most part. I'll still take it over the other platforms though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the second person I've seen who's mentioned problems with commenting. I haven't had any difficulty myself, but apparently there's a ghost in the machine somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ApacheDug - Unfortunately you are probably right. I occasionally think about switching over to another platform but I don't want to pay for the privilege and I still need it to work well with Google as I still use that browser.

    Steve Reed - Your blog is one that I can no longer comment on without manually typing in my url every time too or just answer in the default anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still running into the problem (sometimes) on my ipad which is where I am now. I will look into the embedded thing at some point, but at the moment, I am not sure what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anvilcloud - The problem is that people leaving the comments have the problem because of the blog owner's selections. So until the blog owner (of the blog where you do have problem commenting with an iPad) changes settings or Google fixes it, it won't fix itself. If people aren't having problems commenting on your blog, you don't have any worries and there is nothing for you to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I can comment again! As far as I know, it's just yours, Steve's, and YP's that are giving me problems. I guess I won't comment on either of theirs until it's resolved on their end. Nothing I can do about it. Thanks for working to find a solution.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment