Monday, September 9, 2013

South Dakota: Crazy Horse (The Artist)


In my last post, I mentioned that the sculpture of the Crazy Horse Memorial, Korczak Ziolkowski was not only a talented sculpture of large scale monuments but was a talented artist in his own right and evidently spent his evenings relaxing by carving smaller chunks of stone and wood. They were very impressive and I took photographs of some of my favorite ones to show here.


This one was one of my favorites.


Wild Bill Cody.


I was just struck at the humor of this situation that I couldn't help covertly snapping a picture.



Another one of my favorites.

2 comments:

sage said...

He was good... but did your wife slap you for snapping that one shot? :)

Ed said...

Sage - She didn't catch me but she got a good laugh when she did see it. She really would have slapped me had I got caught.