Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Last Morel Post This Year... I Think


With some of our last bucket of morel mushrooms, my wife made the mushroom sauce that you see above, seared some chicken which she sank into the sauce, added some more stuff and turned it into what you see below. We ate it over some linguine and I must say, it was delicious. The last of our mushrooms I made into a pizza and scarfed down last night so fast that I forgot to take a picture. So I'm fairly certain these will be the last morel mushroom pictures to tease you with until next year.


8 comments:

kymber said...

that morel stew that your wife made has got me drooling....oh i can just imagine dunking a slice of homemade bread into that - yummeh! what else did you put on your morel pizza?

your friend,
kymber

Ed said...

Kymber - I just put some fresh mozzarella cheese and a few spices. Of course everything was on fresh made thin crust dough and cooked crisp on a baking stone at very high heat. It just doesn't get any better than that!

kymber said...

oh yum. and i love thin crust pizza!

your friend,
kymber

Ron said...

Looks great. I imagine rabbit bobbing in that sauce. :)

I sure am looking forward to some mushrooms here. Last year was a complete bust. This year is very promising, but a hike today tells me its still a bit too early for chanterelles and corral. With the right conditions, I'll get grocery sacks and I've canned them before. But that's nature - boom or bust.

Three Score and Ten or more said...

Is it somehow self demeaning to admit that one has never tasted (to his knowledge) a Morel Mushroom, and wouldn't know one if he saw it? (My son has a little dog who gets high on toads and some kind of small mushroom, but we can assume that neither of these come with a morel label.

Three Score and Ten or more said...

Is it somehow self demeaning to admit that one has never tasted (to his knowledge) a Morel Mushroom, and wouldn't know one if he saw it? (My son has a little dog who gets high on toads and some kind of small mushroom, but we can assume that neither of these come with a morel label.

woodysrockyridge said...

Yummm!

Leigh said...

Wow! What appetizing photos! Morels don't grow in my neck of the woods. Pity.