Friday, August 3, 2012

Littler Abbey


I've been making thinly veiled hints for many months now about upcoming changes to my life. Most were known, one turned out to be unknown. The time is right to start unveiling some of those changes and so I start out with perhaps the biggest one seen in the above picture. Yep, we've done it again and taken it upon ourselves to create a new life. Welcome to this blog Littler Abbey, or at least until I come up with a better name.

Littler Abbey is about five months along in her mother's belly and is kicking up a storm by tapping out signals that I can't understand on her uterus walls. It feels kind of creepy to me to have something squirming inside you, perhaps because I've watched too many Alien movies or perhaps it is just a guy thing. Whatever the case, it feels reassuring to my wife and I'll take her word for it.

Littler Abbey still has a while to bake yet until completely done. But we are slated to bring her out to cool sometime around the first week of December. Big sister Little Abbey is very excited about the developments and is practicing her big sister skills on a daily basis.

I am doing pretty good considering that I am adding one more girl to a house full of girls. I keep telling myself that at leas the shopping is already done for clothes and such for at least the first six years. I also relish the fact that I get to eat my dinner in peace (and while warm) at restaurants while my wife takes the two girls to the restrooms at a fairly frequent clip. On the flip side of the coin, my gray hairs, of the ones I have left, will start appearing twice as fast when they both reach dating age. Fortunately I hope I still have a good six to eight years to come up with a strategy on that I can fine tune on the first before the second one arrives at the age where teenage boys suddenly become interested in only one thing.

14 comments:

Woody said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

kymber said...

congratulations Ed! definitely a big change in your lives but a definite good thing! you're going to love this new phase! congrats to Mrs. Ed, too!

your friend,
kymber

Ron said...

That's a very clear image... congrats!

sage said...

Congratulations... I missed the "r" in my blog feed and was thinking we haven't had a blog update on Little Abbey in a while and then, my surprise when I saw that photo and knew where it was going! You are blessed!

Vince said...

Well done. Both of you. And congrats on the new addition.

Murf said...

Yay! I like Littler Abbey for the blog name.

geri said...

Oh my gulay, what big changes and ALL good and exciting! Congratulations to the Abbey family. it's amazing how fully formed Littler Abbey looks at 5 months. I wish you all the best!

Ed said...

Everyone - Thanks for your comments! I'll reread them on those first weeks of sleepless nights and probably wonder what I was thinking.

Three Score and Ten or more said...

Hey, happy day guloo gulee.

Three Score and Ten or more said...

Hey, happy day guloo gulee.

edifice rex said...

Congratulations to ya'll!!!!!

Bone said...

Littler Abbey! Love the name.

Looks just like you!

TC said...

Littler Abbey still has a while to bake yet until completely done. But we are slated to bring her out to cool sometime around the first week of December.

LOL

Congratulations!

Btw, my neighbor growing up had three girls... just saying...

warren said...

Congratulations!