Monday, January 23, 2012

Closing Notes


Above is a picture of our bungalow taken when they finally opened up our beach. As you can tell, the perfectly flat beach two days ago was already well pocked with holes where people had kicked and dug for shells. Below is a picture of my usual position in the evenings as I watched it unfold. Unseen was the icy cold beer in my left hand. It was taken using a special photo altering app for my phone that my brother introduced me too.

On New Year's day, we loaded up our cars and made the long drive back to Iowa arriving at the farm around 11:30 that evening and at my house and waiting wife around 1 a.m. A soft bed and a wife's embrace never felt so good.

11 comments:

Michelle Goodrum said...

Love that last "picture." What app did you use for that?

Michelle Goodrum said...

PS Thanks for sharing your trip to the beach with us.

Ed said...

Michelle - CamWow and you are welcome.

R. Sherman said...

Nice looking place. Were you at Pensacola Beach?

Cheers.

warren said...

A few more beers and you don't need a camera app to see pictures differently!

sage said...

Looks like a nice place to kick back and I like that last drawing!

Vince said...

Heck man, that's a challenge to any largish storm in the region never mind the hurricanes. The only thing that could possibly be keeping it safe are the presence of expensive housing exhibiting vastly more hubris.

Ed said...

R. Sherman - Panama City Beach just west of the inlet to the bay.

Warren - These days, one more beer might have done the job.

Sage - It was created by an app on my phone.

Vince - There were signs of major storm damage on the foundation of the house next door with lots of washed out concrete. This one and the one we stayed at last year were really nice so I'm assuming they had both been rebuilt sometime in the near past. I think there is a lot of money in the house renting business along the shore in this area.

Murf said...

Can't quite tell due to the photo app you used but I wouldn't be surprised if you actually had socks on with the sandals as it looks in the photos. *sigh*

Ed said...

Murf - You're back! I indeed was wearing socks. It was still chilly in the evenings.

Murf said...

*sigh again*