Monday, March 28, 2011

On Hiatus

Partly due to an extremely busy schedule at work, an extremely busy schedule after work now that spring has arrived and a wee bit of writers block, I don't have a thing to post. I think I am in need of a vacation and fortunately, despite the business surrounding me, I am forcing myself to take a few days off next week to join my wife at a conference (all expenses paid since she won a contest) in San Diego for four days. Not sure that I have a plan on what I will be doing while she is attending meeting all day but I imagine I'll survive. Suggestions are welcome and I do have a rental car so driving is an option. Right now, all I have is one day on the beach and two evenings spent dining with her boss and colleagues which unfortunately means I will probably have to dress up. Whale watching? Let me know.

9 comments:

Vince said...

Walk across the Coronado bridge. Visit Orange county. See the Pacific fleet at the anchorage. You could see this http://www.getty.edu/visit/

Eutychus2 said...

Ed....I have found that sometimes the greatest joys, discoveries are those that aren't planned! Have a blast.

R. Sherman said...

Point Loma is good. Also, drive north to Capistrano.

Cheers.

geri said...

Sounds like fun. Congrats to Mrs. Abbey and enjoy!

sage said...

Enjoy yourself! Take the light rail down to the border and walk over to Mexico (you'll now need a passport). It's eye-opening and something you'll only want to do once. But you can get a good deal on Aztec art and a dose of Montezuma's revenge!

BTW, I'm not a zoo person to start with, but I'd heard so much about the SD zoo that I went and wasn't impressed.

Ed said...

Vince - Can you just walk across Coronado Bridge? I have written down the USS Midway which is parked on the other side of the bay.

Eutychus2 - ...and I find that if I have no plan, it is hard to disappoint myself!

R. Sherman - I've now got Point Loma on my list. It looks like my type of beach to visit since it is more rocks and scenery than sand.

Geri - I think I am more excited about the trip than she mostly because I get to play all day while she attends meetings.

Sage - I keep flirting with a trip to Tijuana. I suppose it is safe in the main tourist area right across the border? I think I will take enough water with me to avoid Montezuma's revenge.

Murf said...

Yes, got to Tijuana. I'm sure that will cause you to have at least 6 more blog entries. :-)

Three Score and Ten or more said...

If you want some beach time, check out La Jolla cove. (I once lifeguarded at Mission beach, and am not fond of it.) Of course the only outdoors (non acquarium) shark experience I ever had was of the reef at La Jolla cove.
I LOVE the zoo, but that's just me.

warren said...

Getting dressed up would tire me out...time to head to the beach to recover!