Friday, December 3, 2010

Halloween Revisited

I know this is over a month late and truth be told, I had other things to post back then and bumped this post. Then it got too late to fashionable post it and it languished in draft status. But for some reason or other, I have been having a severe case of writer's block. My tanks are on empty and once again, I have nothing to say. I'm not sure of the reason other than I've been exceptionally busy as work and my home life is the model of routine. I think I am in dire need of a long vacation and one is creeping closer but isn't coming fast enough to suit my taste.

So to take the place of a post this Friday, here is a picture of our pumpkins that we carved. By we I mean, I carved though my daughter did help gut her pumpkin for about ten seconds before declaring that her arm was tired and she needed to lay down.

5 comments:

R. Sherman said...

Congrats to your wife. I know there are several specialty areas which are in short supply, and physicians in those areas can command some major bucks. Yesterday, I was reviewing an employment offer for client M.D. of mine and was stunned by the amounts. I suppose the 8 years of school was worth it -- for now, at least.

Cheers.

TC said...

Your daughter and my niece sound like they played the same card on both of us :)

Cute pumpkins!

PS: You're now understanding why sometimes, I go a month between posts.

Bone said...

my daughter did help gut her pumpkin for about ten seconds before declaring that her arm was tired and she needed to lay down.

That's a great excuse! I might use that. I like carving, but can't stand gutting. It's gross.

sage said...

My daughter did more of the carving this year, actually most of it! Pretty soon, she won't need my help at all.

Three Score and Ten or more said...

I just put the pumpkins out without faces, that way I could rearrange them and use them for Thanksgiving decorations as well.