Monday, April 5, 2010

Cooties

When my wife's on call and I'm trapped in an apartment in the Urban Jungle due to weather, my daughter and I go through a lot of board games. I try to buy her ones that teach her how to count, know colors, practice her coordination, etc, but others I buy from my memories of childhood. One of those memories involve the game Cooties which we seem to play quite often. Other than teaching my daughter how to match up a die to a board to see what item for her Cootie she gets, it isn't really educational but she likes it and so we play it. My only complaint is that the bodies and heads are all injection molded plastic and not made for repeated assembling and disassembling. A little supper glue, something I keep well stocked with a three year old around, to attach the halves together and the heads permanently to the body fixed that problem. It also means we no longer have to role a two before we can start getting accessories attached and thus shortens the game a bit. Another plus when it is the fourth time playing the game in a single day.

5 comments:

R. Sherman said...

That's a game, I never picked up. It was all Candyland and Chutes and Ladders at the Sherman household.

Cheers.

Murf said...

I lived in a Sherman-esque household. I don't know this Cootie game. Doesn't the poor girl at least have a Hungry, Hungry Hippos game?

Ed said...

R. Sherman - We do have Chutes and Ladders but not Candyland...yet.

Murf - She also has Hungry Hippo but doesn't like it as much since the levers tend to pinch fingers and they've cheapened it up so much that the necks get jammed all the time. They no longer use marble eithers and instead use plastic balls. What has this world come too?

Beau said...

Such a great way to relive childhood! So many games...

TC said...

I thought we were gonna talk about cootie shots here. I'm kinda disappointed.