Monday, September 14, 2009

A Conversation with Little Abbey

We were traveling down the highway with the sun passing in and out of some low clouds. The following is a conversation that I had with Little Abbey:

Little Abbey: Look Daddy, the sun is moving.

Daddy: No... the clouds are moving.

Little Abbey: No Daddy, the sun is moving.

Daddy: It just looks like the sun is moving but actually the clouds are moving and the sun is standing still.

Little Abbey: But Daddy, the sun goes down.

Daddy: ...

Daddy: ...

Daddy: Yes, the sun is moving. (Your first physics lesson must wait for another day.)

9 comments:

R. Sherman said...

Don't you dare disabuse her of what her eyes actually tell her. < / tongue in cheek>

Cheers.

geri said...

hahaha one of the million times they are going to get us stumped

TC said...

Sometimes there is just no convincing a child he or she is wrong :)

(I know a few adults like that, too!)

Beau said...

I used to be like you... still sometimes I want to teach and explain everything. More now, I just join in the wonder and marvel, and share how neat it is. I know one day too soon, he will know too much about things and I'll wish for the days when it was simple and fun.

sage said...

Smart girl!

Bone said...

Hahahahaha.

Now that was good. If I ever have kids, something tells me they're gonna be (at least) a blog entry a day.

Murf said...

And so it has begun. Buhahahahaha....

Edelweiss Transplanted said...

My father-in-law takes the opposite tack -- he likes to use empirical evidence to prove to my daughters that the world is flat. His way of teaching them that you can't believe everything you see. It drives them nuts.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Haha this is way too cute! :)