Wednesday, August 12, 2009

JAWS!

This is my first rodeo when it comes to having kids so I am learning things along the way. A week before I left on my trip to California, we went to eat at a seafood place in the big city named Joe's Crab Shack. The crawdad boil that I got was good though I though the mudbugs were a little on the salty side. I took several pictures but none of them turned out except for the one of the empty plate. Case in point of my bad pictures:


But to get back to my main point, I learned something at that restaurant. Always, and I do mean always, check the ceiling for what is above your table before sitting down. When your three year old daughter looks up halfway through the meal and spots this:


it can make the rest of the meal difficult to say the least.

6 comments:

R. Sherman said...

Sometimes, restaurant decor choices can be startling. I took my kids to my favorite beach bar and grill down on the Yucatan a few hours south of Cancun, only to remember (too late) that the place was an homage to the Day of the Dead.

Kid Nightmare City, here we come!

Cheers.

geri said...

hahaha. Checking on restaurant ceilings wasn't written on our baby manual either.

Murf said...

Holy cow. YOU in a chain restaurant?!? Joe's Crab Shack no less?!? Good thing I was sitting down. The one here never gets very good reviews and I hear that one should never, ever, ever go there and tell them that it's your birthday.

By the way, nice hand shot. :-)

Beau said...

Sounds kind of fun, except for the sharky part of course. I saw the movie (Jaws) as a youngster... that stayed with me for a long time!

Ed Abbey said...

R. Sherman - I don't think I will be trying that one for awhile!

Geri - There have been a lot of things they forgot to put in that book.

Murf - A chain? I had no idea. I should have been tipped off when they made the birthday girls at a table across the restaurant use hula hoop. Something only a chain would do.

Beau - I was in the hospital the first time I saw Jaws and yanked the IV clean out of my arm. True story!

PhilippinesPhil said...

One thing I've learned since watching the world from up in my tower: Kids see everything, they look up and about; grownups on the otherhand rarely look up, they see little. I wonder what that means?