Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Off East!

I have gone out east to accompany Mrs. Abbey while she does some business in western Pennsylvania. In fact, I should be somewhere in Illinois heading east at 65 mph as you read this. It's been nearly 20 years since I've been in that neck of the woods and I would like to see it again. Also, as it turns out, I will be just 50 or so miles from the birthplace of my 3rd great and two sets of 4th great grandparents. I've found their farm where they lived and the cemetery where one set of my 4th great grandparents are buried. I'm hoping to stop by and pay them a visit and see the farm where I'm told a monument of sorts exists while Mrs. Abbey does her thing. I'm sure I'll have quite a bit to write about when I get back to sprinkle in-between more posts on my Grand Canyon trip. I may have a few short posts automatically post themselves while I'm gone so don't worry if I don't stop by for a few days. I'll catch up when I get back.

4 comments:

R. Sherman said...

safe trip!

sage said...

Travel safe, we'll look foward to the report.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ah, Pennsylvania! Have a great trip.

Murf said...

Welcome to the Eastern time zone. Hope you enjoy your stay!