Monday, September 15, 2008

Virtual Bookshelf

In the process of deleting my old posts in preparation for my new start, I accidently on purpose deleted several posts of real value. One, my virtual bookshelf where I write down books that sound good that others have read or I have wanted to read and haven't yet obtained a copy. That post is here below as near as I could recreate it. Check back from time to time for additions. The second post was my listing of the 100 Greatest Adventure Books of all time which I will have to recreate or dig it out from my backed up version of my archives and post back on here soon. One of my many goals is to read my way through all 100 of those books. A man without a reading list with winter coming on is just asking for trouble.
  • Bill Bryson's African Diary by Bill Bryson
  • Neither Here nor There: Travels in Europe by Bill Bryson
  • The Lost Continent: Travels in Small-Town America by Bill Bryson
  • In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
  • Facing the Congo by Jeffrey Tayler
  • Siberian Dawn: A Journey Across the New Russia by Jeffrey Tayler
  • River of White Nights by Jeffrey Taylor
  • Riding the Iron Rooster: By Train Through China by Paul Theroux (Sage)
  • Dark Star Safari: Overland from Cairo to Capetown by Paul Theroux (Sage)
  • The Kingdom by the Sea: A Journey Around the Coast of Great Britain by Paul Theroux

5 comments:

Murf said...

Subtitle: An additional 11 books Murf will never read. ;-)

The Real Mother Hen said...

Hahaha I laughed so loud when I saw Murf's comment.

Here I was, looking through your list so diligently, going through which one I'd read/seen the movies... then I read his/her comments, I fell off the chair laughing my head off!

Murf said...

Thank, Hen. I try to be Ed's comic relief. :-)

Ed Abbey said...

Murf - Thanks. At least you are honest with your comic relief. I'm guessing a lot of people that comment on book reviews and such saying they will read it right away will never do so.

Mother Hen - If you do read, there are some good books listed perhaps not in this list but the list of 100 above. Don't let Murf discourage you.

sage said...

I've read a lot more of these! But there are still two Bill Bryson books here that I've not read (Europe and African ones).

Murf, you need to get your head out of Michigan... you might find a new place to go when they finally turn off the lights here.