Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Just when you've heard it all....

While waiting for kitchen quotes to roll in, which is like waiting for pigs to fly, I got a message from a neighbor up the street saying she is moving and wants to sell her house. Would we be interested? We've actually really liked her house since we moved into this neighborhood and have been in it several times. We've joked that perhaps we might buy it to ourselves if she ever decided to sell. Although it still doesn't have a kitchen like what we want, it does have other things that interest us and I think we could get the kitchen we desire much easier and without any additions. 

It is assessed higher in value than ours by around what I thought might be the cost of adding onto our kitchen. I asked her what she wants for her house and she promised to get back to me after thinking about it. (I don't think she thought we would be interested and caught her by surprise.) Perhaps if the price comes back to something affordable, perhaps we might end up just changing houses instead of adding on.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Serendipity at its best! How great would that be? You could walk your packing boxes down the street!

Kelly said...

It sounds like you might just have the perfect solution! (and one that seems much simpler) Keep us posted!

ErinFromIowa said...

This sounds like a win win fun solution! I thought of you while watching Grand Designs. Frustrations dealing with getting quotes, finding a contractor.

Leigh said...

What an interesting turn of events for you. I hope it works out!

Vince said...

If you can sell your own at the correct price. You have my best wishes.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Sometimes things happen for reason! Buying and selling a home might be worse (in my opinion) than a kitchen remodel as far as stress and frustrations go, but the way your remodel was getting started...this might be way easier! ;)

Ed said...

Everyone - I guess we will see where this goes. With big things in our life, things have always seem to fall into place. I hope this is another one of those things.

Bob said...

Yep, this might be just what you need. Looking forward to hearing the outcome.

koi seo said...

I hope this is another one of those things.


หนังออนไลน์