Monday, April 24, 2017

From My Daughters


The very day I last wrote to you about Pennywise whom you see above, I mentioned that I hadn't seen him around in a couple weeks. Like me, my daughters have been incredibly patient about waiting for me to find him. So the afternoon that I posted about him, I went to boil some eggs for the girls to dye for Easter and pulled out one of our large pots that I haven't used in awhile. He is now hiding in the extra hair brush and hair clip drawer in the bathroom waiting for one of my daughters to find him.


I'm not sure what most parents do with all the things their kids bring home from school. I have kept a few select things over the years but there are so many and my oldest, doesn't want to let them out of her sight. Unfortunately her room was starting to groan at the seams so I told her I would photograph each and every one so we have a record of it and can remember it and then throw it away. Reluctantly she agreed and I hauled out two and a half garbage bags that has accumulated over the years. However as I was uploading the pictures into the computer, I wish I had kept this one because my eyes keep gravitating to it on the screen. They made a stamp and created about 20 of these in different colors but the rest were mostly bi-colored. This one done up on the background of the American flag colors has four colors. It is too late to grab it out of the trash as it has been hauled away but I'm glad I at least have a picture.


My wife is a highly skilled medical professional but there are certain things that only Dr. Daddy can do. I invest in a lot of superglue but have an assortment of tools that I use to rescue my daughters' patients. I came inside to find this note on the kitchen table. My daughter had just received this gift from my grandparents who are continuing to sort through their stuff giving me some stuff to keep, some to sale at our spring garage sale and some to my daughters. I thought it was too cute not to take a picture. Fortunately, there was a little plastic post between the body and the head that had snapped and a dab of superglue was easily able to fix Austri. Dr. Daddy to the rescue.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I love getting a glimpse of this side of you. (Doctor Daddy!)

Photographing all the projects is a great idea. I've saved a few select things over the years and still enjoy running across them when sorting through drawers, etc. Some still have highly visible places of honor in the house.

I can think of a few stuffed animals that have needed surgical skills at my house. :)

Ed said...

Kelly - Parenting definitely isn't a job that can be easily pigeon holed!

sage said...

Good idea about photographing all those treasures that we've thrown out.

Ed said...

Sage - "Film" is cheap these days!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Super cute! I love how creative the medical report is. Kids have such great ideas. And it cracks me up that they have enjoyed hiding that scary clown in you too. I an just imagine the giggles while they find the perfect place.

Ed said...

Pumpkin Delight - I was amazed at the creativity as well!