Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Fresh Pictures After A Foul Post


After the last post about foul things, I thought I would blog about fresher things like a walk in a partially restored prairie nearby. This part of Iowa has throughout history been partial hardwood forests and tall grass prairie. However, the prairie no longer exists except in a few places where it has been recreated. I doubt any original prairie exists in this area. After the family in my previous post spoiled our planned afternoon, we drove on down the road to a place we've hiked in the past and had it all to ourselves. This time I had my SLR with me so I got some better pictures.








5 comments:

sage said...

I miss seeing Queen Anne Lace (the last photo) down here. Wildflowers are beautiful in prairies.

Kelly said...

What lovely photos! It's no wonder that just being outside in God's creation boosts our spirits and makes us feel better.

Bob said...

Ditto what Kelly says. The wild flowers are beautiful. Your day was definitely salvaged.

Vince said...

Nicely done.

Ed said...

Sage - I was wondering what that was. I guess I didn't recognize it all shriveled up and folded in on itself.

Kelly, Bob and Vince - Thanks!