Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I'm Gone but Haven't Left

For those who follow this blog regularly, you will know that since last fall, I've been prepping for the arrival of my brother-in-law and his family for their first out of country experience to come visit my family. Well that arrival will be tomorrow and as you are reading this, I will probably be on my way to retrieve a large passenger van that I have rented since between all ten of us there are only two legal drivers, my wife and I. This way we can all travel together and my wife is free to tell them about the sights we will be seeing while I do the driving.

We plan to pack their three weeks stay here in America with as much Americana as they can stand or desire so I probably won't be around here much until after the first week of July or so. Their bedroom is my office so in politeness, I will probably refrain from using the computer unless it is the old laptop with the 15 minute battery life upstairs. On the plus side, I'm sure I'll have quite a few stories to relay here on this blog when they are back safe and sound in the Philippines and my household gets cut in half back to five people.

Thanks for understanding and I'll catch up on your blogs when I'm able. Peace out!

4 comments:

sage said...

Have fun and let us know of your adventures when you return.

kymber said...

i hope you have a lovely time with your family! and i hope that they get to see all kinds of neat and nifty stuff! take lots of pics and share all of the stories when you get back.

sending much love. your friend,
kymber

Kelly said...

I hope you have a wonderful visit with them and I look forward to hearing all about it!

Vince said...

Good oh then. We'll be here when you get back.

I still think you are a blooming saint to do all this.