Wednesday, March 9, 2016
As the second coat of polyurethane dries, I took a picture and pondered what I used to talk about on this blog before filling it up with this remodeling project that I'm currently working on. I'm not sure what I said back then but I'm certain it probably wasn't earth shattering.
I have one more coat of polyurethane that I will apply only to the heavy wear surfaces. After that, perhaps this coming weekend, I will cart these down to the basement and install them. As always, I hope they fit the spaces that I measured several times but only left about an eighth of an inch of clearance. The stick of wood leaning again the right side of the book case is a piece of trim for the base of the Murphy bed. The plans didn't call for it but I think it needs it and it was leftover stuff of just about perfect dimensions so why not.