Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Once More


As the second coat of polyurethane dries, I took a picture and pondered what I used to talk about on this blog before filling it up with this remodeling project that I'm currently working on. I'm not sure what I said back then but I'm certain it probably wasn't earth shattering.

I have one more coat of polyurethane that I will apply only to the heavy wear surfaces. After that, perhaps this coming weekend, I will cart these down to the basement and install them. As always, I hope they fit the spaces that I measured several times but only left about an eighth of an inch of clearance. The stick of wood leaning again the right side of the book case is a piece of trim for the base of the Murphy bed. The plans didn't call for it but I think it needs it and it was leftover stuff of just about perfect dimensions so why not.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You'll have to find another project to share when this one's done. Hey... you should make YouTube clips! Who knows, you might even end up with your own cable TV program! ;)

Ed said...

Kelly - I can say with absolute certainty, that you will never see me on cable television!

Vince said...

Ohh, they're nice.