Monday, February 22, 2016

Set Back


With the youngest daughter nursed back to health, I started in on the assembly phase of the Murphy bed process. Other than a couple trips out to the garage to recut the mattress liner plywood sheets to actually fit, things went pretty smoothly. By noon, I had gotten what you see below done and that is when I got the call from school that my oldest daughter was now sick.

Originally I had thought the youngest one had eaten some bad food but now I suspected some sort of stomach bug was going around and the school said they had sent quite a few kids home with whatever it was. Fortunately being older and wiser to the way our bodies work, she didn't require nearly as much attention as the youngest one.

The following morning I woke up and my stomach kind of felt knotted up. The oldest one still hadn't ate anything since the day before but seemed fine. I kept her home from school anyway and got the kids fed and into their morning routine. That is when I had to make a trip to the bathroom and found out for sure, that I now how whatever they have. Oh the joys of parenting. So for now, I'm going to doze the day away while periodically checking the girls to make sure they are doing fine and hopefully kick whatever this out the door by the weekend. (Written on Friday morning.)


4 comments:

sage said...

Don't you love how families share... I hope you're feeling better by now.

Ed said...

Sage - Fortunately it was short lived. I spent most of the day snoozing in the chair followed by a solid 11 hour sleep that night and I'm back to normal.

Kelly said...

Ugh! I remember the days. I hope your wife was spared...

Ed said...

Kelly - She wasn't but by the time it got to her it wasn't quite so bad. Everyone is back to eating and feeling fine though about a day to a day and a half later so it isn't as bad as it could have been.