Friday, February 26, 2016

Reflection


I had to take a break from work for a morning of errands. I'm on my wife's health insurance and we get discounts for being healthy so once a year I have to submit to testing. Once that was over, I decided to use the opportunity to drive across town and mail some packages but the place wasn't quite open. With twenty minutes to kill, I pulled back behind the business to where the parking lots butts up against a lagoon which was formerly part of a large oxbow in the river channel before it got straightened out. I usually take a book with me in case something like this happens and I did read it awhile but the reflection on the lagoon surface kept grabbing my attention from the pages. Finally in order to get some peaceful reading time, I hopped out of my car and took a picture of the reflection to quite the old brain down. By the time I got to the edge and got my phone camera app running, a slight breeze had disturbed the surface to mar the perfect reflection. It made me want to sit there for awhile and wait for the reflection to calm but I didn't want to turn into Narcissus. Instead I went back to the comfort of the car, (it was still quite cold out) and went back to reading. This time I was able to focus on the book.

6 comments:

Leigh said...

I like it even with the ripples. :)

Ed said...

Leigh - I'm in agreement. Give me any quite spot overlooking an oxbow in the river with trees on the far side and it can look any old way it wants. I'm happy!

sage said...

Lovely shot!

Ed said...

Sage - I can do better!

Kelly said...

Even with the ripples, it's a lovely, peaceful shot.

Bob said...

Something tells me that little interlude did you a world of good!