Monday, November 23, 2015

Adios!


We spent a Saturday afternoon recently down on the farm celebrating the birthday of my dad and my youngest daughter who were both born on the same day. On the way back home, it was overcast and cooling off due to a front moving in but we decided to pull over at a local park and walk off some of the cake and ice cream. This is my second time to the park and like the first, everywhere I looked felt like a photo opportunity. Perhaps it is just being out in nature that makes me feel that way. I definitely know that I tend to shy away from taking (or being in) pictures with people in them. I am always more interested in a picture of the landscape sans people.

Speaking of landscapes, we decided to head south for Thanksgiving this year and spend it hiking, boating and perhaps a little turkey eating in the Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas. I'm sure I will have some stories to tell everyone when I get back. Until then, hope you all have a great day on Thursday with friends and family.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Such a lovely photograph! (and belated birthday greetings all around)

Wishing you a safe, fun journey. I look forward to what you have to share with us upon your return.

Bob said...

Great shot and have a great trip! You are going to a beautiful area. I grew up in the southern part of Arkansas, not as pretty, but not a bad place to have spent one's formative years. If you have a chance, visit the Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville. It's worth the price of admission but because of the benevolence and generosity of the Walton family, there is not one - totally free! You don't even have to pay to park! It is breathtaking and I highly recommend it.

sage said...

Safe travels and enjoy your holiday!

Vince said...

Have a good trip.