Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Gone For the Rest of the Year


As I have done for the previous four years, I am heading down south to spend the rest of this year and the first part of next year down along the gulf coast with my family. We started this tradition when my Florida residing grandparents got to the point where they couldn't travel in their RV up here during the summers. They were just too old to do it safely and thus they sold their RV to younger folks who still could. Not wanting to spend large amounts of time in motel rooms or beds foreign to them, they decided they would just stay home in Florida. The rest of us decided that rather than go without seeing them for years at a time, of which they have only few left on this earth, we would make the journey south to them, or at least closer. They still spend about eight hours driving from their home to the beach house we rent in the panhandle of Florida but it is a nice trade off for them.

So I will be gone from blogging world for a couple weeks until I return next year. I'm sure I will have a few pictures and stories to share from my trip. I hope all my readers have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and I look forward to catching up on all your blogs when I return. Until then...

3 comments:

sage said...

Travel safe and enjoy the gulf (I'm heading into the Okefenokee for a few days after Christmas).

roaring40 said...

Happy Christmas to you and the family. And have a good holiday.

Leigh said...

Wishing you safe travels and a very happy Christmas!