Monday, October 20, 2014

Spring Is Now Over


As you can see from the photo of my new driveway, fall is underway here. We had the longest spring ever and summer never came in these parts. We had mild temperatures with moderate rainfall all 'summer' long when we normally get hot and dry conditions. People are harvesting the best corn crop ever seen and some people are cutting an unheard of 5th cutting of hay which is two more than normal. The soybeans also have good yields but because of a late in the 'summer' case of sudden death syndrome, their yields went from the best ever to still pretty good for our area.

All this wouldn't be so bad but unfortunately the moderate rains have continued into fall which is drawing out what is already going to be a long harvest. After getting done with landscaping, I was going to finish up the garage but I just haven't been able to get motivated. Part of it is just decompression from the completion of any huge project but part of it is the cold rainy weather this past week. The good part is that my newly planted landscape is receiving plenty of water without me having to spend quality time at the end of a garden hose.

Tomorrow I think I will work on cutting down a dead tree or two that never leafed out this spring since it is supposed to be sunny and cool, perfect tree cutting weather. Beyond that, the weekend is just a day away (as I write this) so I think I may write off this week and get back to my garage project next week. I never thought I would say this since fall is my favorite season followed closely by spring, but I miss(ed) summer.

No comments: