Friday, January 17, 2014

Washed Up


Although I have never stepped on one, I know people to have so I always watch where I'm walking along the shore for dead jellyfish which can be found quite often.  They look nothing like the majestic creatures they appear to be when alive and in water. Dead and onshore they are just piles of smelly slime that stink up your shoes.


I don't know what plant this leaf is from but it reminded me of my desire to someday give scuba diving a try. I would like to see all these creatures in their native habitat rather than how they look after washed ashore.

3 comments:

sage said...

Interesting shots. Jellyfish are interesting but man-of-wars are the truly magnificent (and scary) animal of such to see in the water.

Ed said...

Sage - I hope I never meet either in the ocean!

malor said...

I could imagine the smell of the jellyfish...fishy it must be? I remember when I was in the Philippines living in the dorm. 2 Korean young women stayed for the summer in our dorm. They went to the beach and hauled these starfishes. They stink. They smell fishy in a bad way and you could smell it everywhere...