Monday, August 5, 2013

More Graffiti From Madison County


Needing to get out of the house the weekend we had nine of us fighting for space in our house, we decided on a short road trip of which we have many stock planned ones that we take guests on. After giving our guests some choices, they chose the tour of the Bridges of Madison county and after making a picnic lunch, we were on our way.

Despite coming from a tropical country, Filipinos seem puny weaklings in the Iowa heat of summer so we actually only made it to two of the six bridges and the two we made it two were the least scenic of them. But I've got a million pictures of the bridges in their habitat so I wasn't too upset when we called an audible and opted for some air conditioned places. 

As old readers know, the thing that fascinates me most about the bridges is that they get regular coats of white paint on the interior and people are actually encouraged to leave their mark. Although I haven't yet, my daughter has and we did find her hand print and name still written where she had put it on our last visit. I love walking down the inside of the bridge and reading what others have written and as I have done in the past, here are a few that I thought I would share with you.











6 comments:

sage said...

They have to encourage Iowans to leave graffiti? That's funny (I hope Murf sees this).

Ed said...

Sage - I think man has been leaving graffiti since the dawn of time. They just make it easier to do here by painting over the old graffiti every few years to make room for new stuff.

TC said...

Oh some of those made me laugh :)

No pic of Little Abbey's hand? Boo :)

Ed said...

TC - I did take a picture of her hand from our last visit but didn't post it.

warren said...

Wait until an asteroid comes...future generations will call this cave man art!

Bone said...

I think this is the first time I've ever heard the phrase "the Iowa heat." :)