Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Patriotic Food


I actually took this photo on the 4th of July but it is just now making it off my camera and up through the prewritten posts stored in the nether regions of my blog. I was making a common Saturday morning breakfast we have in our household consisting of things found in the part of the Philippines my wife comes from. As you might expect, we have rice, a sweet pork meat called tocino and eggs. When I was partway through with making breakfast, my daughter said that we should have blue eggs since it was the fourth. I wasn't quite sure what she meant until she told me that the rice was white, the tocino red and blue eggs would be quite patriotic. I looked in the cupboard and saw that we had a pack of food coloring that included blue so I obliged her and made blue eggs. Although I consider myself patriotic, I kept my eggs white.

4 comments:

sage said...

Blue eggs and tocino... a new Dr. Seuss for the 21st Century!

Ed said...

Sage - But doesn't quite roll off the tongue as easily!

warren said...

Welp, it is purdy!

Leigh said...

But I bet your daughter loved it!