Monday, August 27, 2012

Cleaning Out My Camera

Moving Day
While cleaning out my camera, I noticed that I hadn't uploaded pictures in awhile and had a bunch taken with blogging in mind so I might have a few posts from things past over the next week.

Because I have a bum knee and my wife is pregnant, I compromised when we moved and hired someone to load and unload all our worldly possessions even though we boxed it all up ahead of time. I must say it worked out quite nicely. After researching a bunch of companies and options, we ended up going with a local company that coincidentally had just moved the real life Radar O'Reilly the week before. The two men rented a U-Haul truck, lined up some strong backed teenagers and filled this truck and a 16-foot trailer, the latter one twice to move everything. They did a great job and were very pleasant to work with.

It was funny though that people I asked would always recommend them, hesitate a bit, and then say they were gay. I did get a few comments at work about them packing my... well this is kind of a family blog so I'll just leave it at that. Regardless, they were real professionals and I would recommend them to anyone in the area.

I'm glad that moving day is now a fading memory and I hope it doesn't come around again very soon.

6 comments:

warren said...

I don't who it is moving me so long as I don't have to carry boxes and doubly so with refrigerators and washers!

geri said...

I have to say when I see guys who are very fit and well dressed it does make me suspect they are gay, and that is meant as a compliment.

malor said...

Hi Ed, You took good pictures from your last posting.

It's worth it to pay someone to carry you loads, he,he. I wish your knee is better...

Ed said...

Warren - Me either.

Geri - These guys were older than me. One directed from the inside and the other did the final packing in the moving truck. The teenagers did all the carrying and I must say, I'm guessing they slept really well that night.

Malor - I recently got a SLR camera for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping to have even better pictures in the future. My knee is actually feeling the best it has in years these days. I should write a post on it and why I think that is.

Ed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Murf said...

So many double entendres, so little time. :-)