Monday, February 28, 2011

Little Abbey-isms

Wife: Come here sweety, there is a price tag on your shirt.
Daughter: Where?
Wife: Here, (sticking the price tag on our daughter's cheek) you are five dollars.
Daughter: No I'm not! I'm one hundred dollars!

*****

Wife: Do you want another bite?
Daughter: No, I am out of gas.

*****

(Tuning into the last couple minutes of Wheel of Fortune
Daughter: Ooh! Can we be on that game show?
Me: Of course!
Daughter: (In a slightly sad voice)... but I don't know how to read.

*****

(Trying to get my daughter to hurry up, I told her that I was winning at the task at hand.)
Daughter: Daddy, the one who loses in the winner.

*****

(Saying our good nights before bed.)
Daughter: I love you Daddy, I love you Mama and I love me!

3 comments:

R. Sherman said...

Enjoy it while it lasts, before the surliness of adolescence kicks in.

Cheers.

geri said...

I love the good-nights - that's how it should be. =)

Too out of gas to eat? Wish that would apply to me too hahaha

malor said...

LA is so cute.. I cannot wait til Benji could talk like that.

I just read your previous post about liking the Urban Jungle. After living in Big D for 18 mos., Des Moines is relatively a manageable place. I love living in a medium size city like DSM because of the culture and variety of activities as well as its proximity to an airport but not too big for crazy traffic, crimes and racial segregation (though you have it in a small dose here). I cannot handle anything bigger than DSM.

I'm glad you're liking it too...