Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Little Abbey-isms

Jan 20: I picked up a pair of her socks left out by the garage door and came into the living room to see yet another sock on the floor. I scanned for the other one on the floor but didn't see it. So I started to ask my daughter where it was when I saw her sitting in the recliner with one sock on and the other foot bare. I asked her why she had one sock on and one sock off. She replied, "I'm diddle diddle dumpling."

From Mother Goose

Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John
Went to bed with his stockings on;
One shoe off, and one shoe on,
Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son John.


*****


Feb 3: If we get anymore snow it will be over my head and then I'll have to swim!

*****

Feb 5:      Daughter: (Seeing a commercial for a Disney movies) Ooh... a Princess!
                Me: Do you want to be a princess when you grow up?
                Daughter: I can if you dress me like one. (Is that a not so subtle hint about what
                    clothes I pick our for her in the morning?)

*****

Feb 8:      Daughter: John and I got in trouble today?
                Me: What did you do to get in trouble?
                Daughter: We had to put our noses against the door.
                Me: What did you do to get in trouble?
                Daughter: I'm not going to say any more.
                (Already she is pleading the fifth!?

5 comments:

R. Sherman said...

As I tell my clients, never, never talk to the cops. It never turns out well.

Cheers.

geri said...

hahahaha, they say the funniest thing. That's right dad, she can be a princess now if you dress her like one =)

Ed said...

Geri - I finally remembered to write a few of them down however for everyone I remembered, I still forgot a half dozen ones. I'm hoping it will get easier.

TC said...

ROFL

Oh man, I love it. LOVE IT.

She's hilarious.

(Also, you're so in trouble. She's gonna be dangerous as a teen.)

Bone said...

I'm not going to say any more.

Oh, that is priceless.

Kids: a wealth of blog material