Friday, October 22, 2010

Los Laureles Menu


This blog post is entirely self serving. After having ordered takeout from memory from the best Mexican restaurant in Iowa a time or two because we didn't have a menu, I asked the last time we were in there if I could get a copy of their menu because I could find no copies of it online. They didn't have any hard copies either. So I asked the man if I could take a picture of the menu under the glass by the cash register and he just shrugged so I snapped away. Now because I am also a bit lazy, I don't want to write all this down and print out my own menu so I'm just posting it here so at least I can pull up the menu anytime I want. So when I order tongue tacos, which are superb by the way, I don't have to remember the Spanish word for tongue.





9 comments:

sage said...

Bells are going off in my head about where I'll eat lunch today (no, it's not taco bell...) Wow, what a menu, I can't believe they don't have copies of it. btw, I didn't see my favorite Mexican beer, Negra Modelo

Vince said...

I echo Sages Wow.

Two questions though. Are eggs very expensive $5.29 in your neck of the world or are they putting something the size of an Ostrich egg on the plate.
And when they say Steak are they talking about actual Steak, Fillet, Rib-eye, T-bone, Sirloin, Rump or is it pretty much any part of the cow except the Moo.

R. Sherman said...

That does look like quite a place. The prices look good, too.

Cheers.

Ed said...

Sage - This place is in the little Mexico part of town, in a little strip mall with other Mexican oriented shops. I think they are content to just attract the locals who evidently aren't ordering take-out or at least, they have it memorized since they speak the language. I learned the language but it has been too many years.

Vince - Eggs are cheap. I'm guessing most of the cost is just the fact that they have to cook them for you, wait on you while you eat them and clean up after you. I'm guessing most of their carne asada (steak) products are made with lesser cuts of beef like the sirloin or rump.

R. Sherman - The prices are very reasonable especially compared to several other larger American-ized Mexican places where the food tastes half as good but twice as expensive.

Ed said...

Sage - By the way, you didn't read the fine print because they do have Negra Modelo under the list of imported beers.

Three Score and Ten or more said...

I have a favorite Mexican restaurant here in Statesboro, though they are a little bit Tex Mex. The best fajitas, bar none that I have tasted anywhere. I have a friend who doesn't care for their tamales, but I am not a tamale man anyway. Carne Asada is to dream about. The only thing I have eaten was wasn't among the best is huevos rancheros. I am not sure that the disappointment isn't because I had some huevos in a little hovel in New Mexico that set the bar so high that no one else can touch it.

TC said...

So when Murf and I come visit, are we going there?

Ed said...

TC - Yep, right after the sushi place.

Bone said...

Your blog often makes me hungry.