Friday, March 5, 2010

What do I see?


Besides the remains of three snowman, I see some brown stringy substance that looks kind of dead growing on top of the soil. I haven't seen that since the first of February when it made a brief two day appearance and before that, I have to go all the way back to mid-December. Its supposed to be 50 degrees here this weekend, the first time since the latter part of November last year, the fourth longest stretch of sub 50 degree weather in the history of record keeping for this area. The last time it went longer was about 40 years ago. I have my suspicions about what it happening but I'm not going to say it. I learned my lesson the hard way last time.

8 comments:

無聊嚕 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
R. Sherman said...

It's darn balmy here in the low fifties. Shorts weather for me!

Huzzah!

Cheers.

Eutychus2 said...

We're here in the upper 40's in SW Michigan! Haven't seen so much colored ground in quite some time.

geri said...

We got some of that brown stringy substance showing too =) Lower 40's here till next week. Awesome!

Beau said...

It is getting nice out there. Yes, plain old weather stirs the emtions these days. Amazing you've had such a winter though.

Murf said...

The beauty of it is that it is not dead, just dormant. And yes, my glass is usually half-filled. :-)

Three Score and Ten or more said...

My son tells me that we had a view like that acouple of weeks ago (for about twenty four hours, which is a long snow time for us). (I was in Washington where it wasn't snowing.)

TC said...

Should I assume that would be Mommy Abbey, Little Abbey and you in snowman form?