Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Little Abbey: Shorts

L.A.: "Daddy, the sun is chasing us!"

Me: "Oh no! What are we going to do when it catches us?"

L.A.: "Don't worry daddy, the sun doesn't have arms."

***

Lesson learned recently: Parents of a three and a half year old need to stock up on super glue. I have fished out my bottle three out of the five days last week. An assortment of small clamps really helps too.

***

Scene: L.A. has said she was done playing after her bath for the third time, I have asked her to pick up all her floating toys and drain the water for the third time and when I enter the bathroom, she has done neither.

Me: "Pick up those toys are I am not coming in here again!"

L.A.: "Yes sir!"

Me: Thinking, wow, where did she learn to address me like that when....

L.A.: "Yes sir, three bags full. One for the master and one for the dame..."

***

L.A.: "Mama, I love you!"

Wife: "Ah... how sweet of you to say that."

L.A.: "My feet are wet."

Wife: "Did you knock over my glass of water on the floor?"

L.A.: "Mama, I love you!"

8 comments:

R. Sherman said...

I miss those little vignettes with my three.

Cheers.

Beau said...

Me too...

Three Score and Ten or more said...

Brings back great memories of my kids. (Except that without these little reminders I can't remember them)

Eutychus2 said...

It starts at such a young age..................and by the time they are teens they've almost perfected it! Precious.

TC said...

Oh man, I love the "Bah, bah black sheep" reference!!! She's soooo cute!

geri said...

Love the sun without arms and mama, I love you anecdotes.

Super glue for you, hot glue for us :)

edifice rex said...

:D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.