Friday, October 23, 2009

What a Small World!


Every once in awhile, I have uttered that old cliché, "What a small world." The last couple months have been no exception. That is when I discovered I have connections to three of my blog readers, two in a genetic way.

The first one happened when I posted one of my genealogy posts on a branch of mine. I met two distant cousins for the first time and learned that one of them is married to a good friend of one of my blog readers. I thought that was kind of neat but then was blown away when recently, by chance, I learned that I am related to my longest blog reader and former highschoolmate. She was actually a year behind me in school. Her 4th great grandparents and my 3rd great grandparents are one and the same. That officially makes us 4th cousins one time removed. Her mom, who also reads my blog would be my 4th cousin.

What a small world!

10 comments:

sage said...

You're blog community is beginning to sound like the town I live in--where everyone but a few of us outsiders are related!

Ed said...

Sage - I'm still working to see how far back we are related!

TC said...

So you and Murf are cousins? :)

Ed said...

TC - Nice try. I'm going to let everyone remain anonymous so that they aren't known as being related to the infamous Ed.

Woody said...

Now that is just too damned cool!

R. Sherman said...

It's amazing. Since I've blogged, I've managed to reconnect with a lot of people I knew a long time ago: for better or worse.

Cheers.

Ed said...

Woody - I thoughts so too.

R. Sherman - Fortunately I haven't had any "or worse" reunions yet, probably because I am still mostly anonymous.

Beau said...

That's very cool. You have a way with geneology... maybe it could be a second profession!

Ed said...

Beau - Feel free to tell me the money making angle of it!

The Real Mother Hen said...

Hhmmm it is unlikely that we are related, but I could be related to your wife :)