Monday, October 26, 2009

On Vacation...Again

This year I've been fortunate to have more vacation time than I can shake a stick at thanks to the poor economy. Including this week, I have four weeks left before the end of the year. I'm fortunate that I still have a job when I come back and I don't need the regular pay and thus am able to make full use of this time off.

This week, I think we are going to head south to the St. Louis area. I've been there a few times but never for an extended time. This time, we're planning on around three days in the area to check out some of the sites, find something to entertain my daughter and find some good local food to entertain me. I also hope to use this time to gather more material for my future blog post fodder.

So until I get back, sit back and relax, perhaps look into my archives or merely enjoy the blissful silence from me blabbing on about something of no interest. If I get some internet access, I'll continue to stop by your blog and check in. So until November...

8 comments:

R. Sherman said...

Hit Cunettos on the Hill. Tell any cab driver and he'll take you there.

Have fun, and

Cheers.

geri said...

4 weeks! Lucky you!

Eutychus2 said...

Be sure to hit the coffee cafes in St.Charles!

TC said...

Lucky you! Enjoy your time off!

PhilippinesPhil said...

I'm counting down myself til I too will be completely retired and ready to travel. After my 27 in the military I became a volunteer veterans VA benefits advisor which has been a major committment. As of 1 Jan I'm "retiring" from that endeavor and plan on traveling the Pacific. Been wanting to see places like Vietnam and Australia. My blog will probably become a travelogue like yours is soon about to from the sound of this post... eh?

Three Score and Ten or more said...

Take Abbey to the zoo. One of the best in the world. (It was free when I lived in that area in the early sixties. Probably not now) With the recent train ride in mind, take the train around the zoo. (Should still be steam and blowing the whistle.)

Ed said...

R. Sherman - We did hit Cunetto's House of Pasta and weren't disappointed. Thanks for the tip.

Geri - It certainly has been nice.

Eutychus2 - Unfortunately, I don't like coffee but my wife does. I'm sure it will now be on the agenda the next time around.

TC - Thanks.

Phil - Now I can't wait for your retirement either.

3 Score - It still is free but unfortunately, the rain kept us from seeing it this time.

Murf said...

Happy Halloween. Are you taking LA trick or treating this year?