Friday, June 2, 2006

Little Abbey Has Arrived

Little Abbey joined the world on June 1 at 6:44 in the evening. She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 19 3/4 inches tall. Despite her size, she was still considered 5 weeks premature and that combined with a long labor, followed by a Cesarian, has her a little weaker than we expected. She has a touch of pnuemonia and will be in the hospital for the next 7 to 10 days. She is breathing by herself and not on a ventilator but her oxygen saturation has been not the best. Keep Little Abbey in your prayers and I will try to update my blog now and then when I run home to take care of things. I'm taking my old laptop to the hospital where I plan to write up the events which have been what I think are quite remarkable. Thanks and I will visit with all my blogging friends soon.

Sincerely,
Ed, Mrs. Abbey and Little Abbey

No comments: